Skip to Content

Auckland Windsurfing Association

AWA Race Day 1 results and more video

The results from the first day are available here. Plus new improved video ...

Support the AWA Takapuna Wharf Petition

The Harbour Access Trust in association with the Takapuna Business Association and Auckland Council are currently exploring the possibility of the development of a wharf and commuter ferry service at the Northern end of Takapuna beach. The Auckland Windsurfing Association and a number of local residents have significant environmental, safety and viability concerns about any such development and believe that the re-purposing of the Takapuna Beach Holiday Park as a pre-cursor to such a move. Petition: http://www.awa.org.nz/petition.php

AWA Slalom Series A'nd Distribution Race Day 1 Video

Video from day 1 of Auckland Windsurfing Series - click through to view

The A'nd Distribution Slalom race day is on

... with a great forecast that will line up some spectacular racing. First start is scheduled for 9.30 am tomorrow, Saturday 1st October. Venue is Farm Cove. See the map below for the location.

There is a large grass area and nice beach for launching. Wind is forecast for 20 kts plus and at farm cover it may in fact be a bit stronger. Due to the tide, we have until 1 pm to complete 16 races (8 each fleet) so hence an earlier start.

WNZ INSTRUCTORS TWO DAY TRAINING COURSE

Sat 12 Nov 2011 - Sun 13 Nov 2011
Auckland

WNZ INSTRUCTORS TWO DAY TRAINING COURSE = BASIC INSTRUCTOR.
Date/Venue: 15/16 October 2011 Auckland. Master Instructor, Pete Smith
Cost:$350
For further details contact 0274 845010 akwindsurf@gmail.com
Registration form and details can be downloaded below soon

INTRODUCTION
This is an 18 hour course. This allows full content of course to be learned and practiced thoroughly before Instructors gain their qualification and teach 'real' students, and for the course timetable to be tailored to make the best of the weather and tide conditions.

AWA Slalom Series Round 1 - Bayswater Windsport Race Day

The Bayswater Watersports Race day 1 of the AWA slalom series will be on THIS SUNDAY at Bayswater.

Registration desk will be open from 9.00 am and skippers meeting will be held at 10.00 am sharp with a first possible start at 10.30 am. This modefies the original Notice of Race Schedule as we want to take into account the tides for this venue.

Gates to the domain will be open at 8.00 am.

The Orewa Beach Artificial Reef Project: Have your say

The Orewa Beach Artificial Reef Project: 3 reefs located obliquely to the shore approximately 375m and 700m off the Orewa Beach foreshore. This is a heads-up about the public submission process starting for The Orewa Beach Reef Project. I'm wanting to bring to your attention the proposed artificial reef planned for Orewa beach and if you are aware of the implications? I appreciate that a lot of you Windsurf/SurfSUP/Kite at Orewa or even live there so should have an interest in this issue (either for - or - against) so you need to get on to the public submission about the reef ASAP: PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 5PM 27th SEPTEMBER!

National Freestyle Champs 2011

Sat 19 Nov 2011 - Sun 20 Nov 2011
Auckland

Notice of race available now - more details soon

Life's a breeze - windsurf into summer

Sat 22 Oct 2011 - Sun 30 Oct 2011
New Zealand wide

The winds are stronger, the days are longer so its time to get that windsurfer thats been lurking in your garage out. Check everything is still working and safe, and get back onto the water.

Starting with the Taranaki Wavesailing Classic, one of New Zealands biggest and most social event on the windsurfing calendar, this week will feature a number of activities around the country to mark the start of the 'windsurfing season'.

Update: Windsurfing off Shakespear Regional Park, Auckland

Auckland Council: Update on the Shakespear Open Sanctuary project now that it has been nearly a month since the last aerial application occurred on the open sanctuary. The three aerial bait applications were completed successfully and in the best possible timeframe. The early completion of the aerial operation means we will be able to open the park earlier than first indicated. We are now working toward a reopening date of Thursday 1 December 2011. Ongoing monitoring of bait breakdown may allow us to bring this date forward even further.

Syndicate content

| DeepFried.TV - forums - news | Windsurf.co.nz - webcams - winds | wiNZurf - locations - archive |