Skip to Content

The Fin and Foil Festival - POSTPONED

Wed 2 Feb 2022 - Sun 6 Feb 2022
Lyttleton


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
We have decided to postpone The Fin & Foil Festival to align with the return of SailGP to Christchurch in early 2023. This will enable us to run a bigger and more inclusive event. Although we are sad to make this call, we would like to focus on making this event a real success in the future.
Full refunds will be given to those who have already entered and paid. These people will be contacted individually.

Vaccination is the best way forward - lets do our bit


Vaccination is the priority - regardless of your opinions on all other issues there seems to be a consensus that vaccination is the best solution to getting out of the Covid19 quandary.
Please get vaccinated if you have not done so, and encourage others to do so. If they choose not to that's their option, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about it and find out if their reluctance is unfounded.
Vaccination is the most effective action you can take, but wearing a mask, scanning in, and socialising outdoors (that's not hard for us anyway) are also important to protect ourselves and others. Covid-19 is not a political issue.

Auckland is at Alert level 3, rest of New Zealand is at Alert level 2


Auckland is Alert level 3, windsurfing allowed.
Rest of New Zealand Alert level 2, windsurfing allowed.

Wear a mask indoors, keep 2m apart where practical/outside your bubble.
If you feel ill, get tested, isolate until you get a result.
Get vaccinated!
Stay in touch with the news, it's a changing situation.

https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/current-alert-level/

Southern Lakes Wind Riders AGM Social

Wed 3 Nov 2021
Farellis, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown


Calling all WINDSURFERS AND KITESURFERS
Local club AGM & Social.
Wednesday 3rd November 7.00
All welcome, including potential new members.

Tauranga Harbour Jam - postponed 26-27 Mar 2022

Sat 26 Mar 2022 - Sun 27 Mar 2022
Tauranga


We have waited until today in the hope that we would see some changes to the alert levels, but it’s sounding like there aren’t going to be any changes soon enough to allow us all to enjoy this event.
Way more than 50% of the people who attend are from the Auckland region, and it just would not be the same event without you guys.
Therefore we have decided that we should postpone the Tauranga Harbour Jam until 26th-27th March 2022. This hopefully gives everyone the chance to attend if you would like to still be involved.

Windsurfing NZ AGM 2021

Thu 26 Aug 2021
Online


The AGM will be held online - details on exact time and how to attend will be posted soon, along with required documents including agenda, financial statement. If you have any items to add to the agenda please notify a member of Windsurfing NZ Committee or post here.
Register for this event (Maybe/Going) on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/338864744614455) or email us to stay informed.

Covid19 - Auckland level 3, rest of New Zealand level 2 - check link for details

https://covid19.govt.nz/
https://sportnz.org.nz/resources/play-active-recreation-and-sport-at-ale...
Alert Level 3
Water-based activities are discouraged where they would expose participants to danger or require search and rescue services.
Maintain physical distancing with people outside your bubble.
Remain within your current abilities and don’t pick up new activities.
Water-based activities involving sailing boats, or motorised craft or equipment, or scuba diving are not allowed.

Wanaka Windsurfing - what you need to know, including visitors

Wanaka Windsurfing.
If people are interested in windsurfing in the Wanaka area there is a Facebook page set up Wanaka Windsurfing which you are welcome to join.
Post a request on there for information.
If you want to sail at the specific "Outlet" spot there are forms you can complete which are necessary to be processed before you can get a code for the combination lock to enable you to drive to this site.
The forms are on the Facebook page included in the posting of 22 November 2020. Also the forms are available via a link here.

2021 New Zealand Windfoil National Championship

Thu 18 Feb 2021 - Sun 21 Feb 2021
Waitangi

2021 New Zealand Windfoil National Championship
18 February 2021 through 21 February 2021
The Organising Authority is Bay of Islands Yacht Club, Tau Henare Drive, Waitangi
NOTICE OF RACE

George Cooper Classic at Lake Aviemore

Fri 1 Jan 2021 - Sun 3 Jan 2021
Lake Aviemore

We are re-inventing the George Cooper Classic at Lake Aviemore January 1-3 2021. Those of you who enjoy windsurfing/kiting, and a mad dash across the lake, come an enjoy the fun.
A group of us will be there from 23rd Dec through to about 7-8th jan, having fun. A great camping spot, biking, running/hiking, SUP's.... come and have fun with us!!!

Syndicate content

| DeepFried.TV - forums - news | Windsurf.co.nz - webcams - winds | wiNZurf - locations - archive |